Information on keeping Personal Assistant (PA) recruitment efficient and safe
The Independent Living Team (ILT) is here to support you with recruiting Personal Assistants (PAs). However, you are well placed to extend the reach of the advert to as many suitable applicants as possible. Right now, recruitment is very slow, so finding more creative ways to reach potential PAs is essential.
Some ideas on where to advertise:
- Job websites. Be aware there may be a charge for this.
- Social media e.g. Facebook, Nextdoor app, etc.
- Community noticeboards, local shop windows etc.
- Word-of-mouth can be the best route to find someone local to you. The school gate, for example.
Keep recruitment safe
- Use the link to your advert on LCiL’s website. This means applicants are going through the formal process and you can maintain anonymity.
- Where possible, keep your personal details private until you have met with or spoken to the applicant.
ILT would love to hear what has worked (or not worked) for you when recruiting staff. Let us know your thoughts by contacting your Independent Living Officer (ILO) directly, or email the team at email@example.com