Self Directed Support Scotland (SDSS) have published a PA Employer Handbook, an online resource for PA Employers to support them in their role as a PA Employer. LCiL and Mark Han-Johnston (from SDS Scotland) are organising a Zoom session to help people navigate the handbook.
If you would like to learn more about the Personal Assistant and PA Employer Handbooks, come along to our information session. There’s a chance to:
- learn about the information contained in the resource
- how to find what you’re looking for
- how to ask for further information
- how to start a conversation with other PA Employers and PAs
- what organisations are available to support you as an Employer or PA
How to book a place?
The event is being held online on the following date:
- Wednesday 22nd February, 2pm-3pm via Zoom
To book your place to the Information Session, click here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/529351563777
Please note that this online event is free to attend and open to anyone in Edinburgh, East, West or Midlothian. If you are unable to join us at the online session, you can access the resources below:
Download the PA Employer Handbook here.
Download the PA Handbook here:
The Handbooks contain a wealth of information to support both employers and PAs covering topics such as:
· What is Self Directed Support?
· Advertising, recruiting and retaining PAs
· What goes into an employment contract?
· Training and support for your PAs
· The flexible use of an SDS budget
· The employment of family members
· Self-employed PAs
· Where to go for additional information and support