Grapevine are pleased to bring to the Winter edition of Lothian Disability News. In this edition you will find the latest news and events from Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living as well as other articles of interest to disabled people, people with long-term conditions and their supporters in Edinburgh and Lothian, including:
- A reminder that Grapevine disability information and advice is now serving East Lothian residents. Please get in touch with us our contact details: 0131 475 2370 (Mon-Thu, 10am-4pm) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LCiL one of one peer supporters now launched – a group of individuals with lived experience who are trained to support you become more confident, skilled, knowledgeable and resilient. (check out page 3).
- Page 4-6 – dates for 2017 with new capacity building workshops for disabled people, people with long-term conditions including Assertive Communication and Know Your Rights.
- If you employ Personal Assistants (PAs) check out pages 7-10 regarding the latest essential updates you may need to act open including auto-enrolment for pensions as well as free training opportunities to enhance your knowledge and skills for 2017.
- Pages 10-12 Grapevine’s advice based on feedback – what to expect from Personal Independence Payment face to face assessments.
- And lots more news and updates!
LCiL would like to wish all our readers and supporters a very Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year. Please note our official closing dates for the festive period are – 4pm on Thursday 22nd of December until 10am on Wednesday 4th of January 2017.
Please, click here to see the whole document: lothian-disability-newsletter-winter-2016