- This event has passed.
15th May @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
This Peer Support Group is for parent carers of disabled children and children with learning difficulties.
It is facilitated by the Peer Support and Learning Team providing a safe space for people to meet, share experiences, and support each other.
- Meet other parent carers
- Explore ideas and opportunities around support
- Find out practical information and resources
- Develop skills and build confidence
- Hear from guest speakers and organisations on a range of topics
- Is relaxed & informal with time to talk to each other & share information
- Listens to a dedicated speaker on a topic chosen by the group
The Online Peer Support Group takes place on Zoom.
Register to Attend:
Please email SDS@lothiancil.org.uk to register your attendance and receive the Zoom link.
What past attendees have said:
’Great to listen to how other parents achieved something, the process they used’’
‘’It was fun to just sit and chat and share experiences’’
‘’A very positive experience. Good to know other people are in the same boat’’
‘’I really do benefit from the group. I felt that I came away with tons of useful information that I have already acted on’’