COVID 19 – City of Edinburgh Council Information for vulnerable and high risk people

Published: April 21, 2020

For most of us, we’re able to manage these difficult times ourselves with support from friends and family. Where this is possible, please continue to do so we can support those who most need it.

However, if you do need additional support, we can help if you:

  • are over 70
  • have a disability
  • need support from mental health services
  • are pregnant
  • receive a flu jab for health reasons
  • don’t have online access to get information.

We’ll arrange the help or support you need either through council services, or volunteers or voluntary groups.

Call us on: 0131 200 2306  or email:

We also have lots of information on our coronavirus webpages which might give you the advice and information you need without contacting us:

Did you get letters about shielding?

If you’ve been sent letters from the Scottish Government because you, or a person you’re caring for, is shielding at home due to high risk of severe illness from coronavirus, it tells you the steps you need to take to keep yourself safe. It also lets you know about how you can get food and/or medicines if you don’t have any family or friends who can help you, or any other way to get essentials delivered.

Shielding service – how to get support

For further information click on: Edinburgh City Council Information for Vulnerable and high risk people

Scroll to top