LCiL are working with the Care Inspectorate to help get in touch with people who have experience with services provided by the Midlothian Health & Social Care Partnership (MH&SCP).
The Care Inspectorate is the national regulator for care services in Scotland. Care services cannot operate unless they are registered with the inspectorate. The Care Inspectorate inspects services and evaluates the quality of care they deliver.
As part of their work with Midlothian Health and Social Care partnership, the inspectorate will be focusing on the following question:
“How effectively is the partnership working together, strategically and operationally, to deliver seamless services that achieve good health and well-being outcomes for adults?”
- “How effectively do health and social care services work together”
- “The extent to which integrated services lead to positive outcomes for people and carers”
Who would the Care Inspectorate & Healthcare Improvement Scotland like to hear from?
- People aged 18 to 64 years, who have lived with physical disabilities over the past 2 years. We want people’s experiences to reflect current service provision and so there is a 2-year cut off period in the inspection.
- Carers who have helped look after a relative or friend who has experience of physical disabilities in the past 2 years.
How can I contribute to the inspection?
There are different ways your voice can be heard as part of the inspection:
From 19th June to 14th July 2023 you can complete an online survey. There are three versions of the survey for different people.
- Full survey link: https://forms.office.com/e/KjqMBP5FxD
- Short survey link: https://forms.office.com/e/GNf8qTUe1v
- Carer survey link: https://forms.office.com/e/FZnhXccSuV
Telephone support will be provided, while the survey is open for completion, at the following times, on 0131 623 4614:
- Monday and Wednesday: 2 – 4 pm
- Tuesday and Friday: 10 am – 12 pm
- Thursday: 4 – 6 pm.
If you have any questions or would like to leave feedback you can also use the following email: email@example.com
Conversations and focus groups
The Care Inspectorate would also like to hear from people individually or as part of small focus groups. These conversations can take place in your own home or a community setting, by phone or video meeting. If you would like to participate, you can contact LCiL’s Independent Living Coordinator Iain McGregor to provide your contact details and preferences.
Expression of interest in one-to-one conversations/focus groups must be received by Monday 19th June 2023 in order to pass your details on to the Care Inspectorate.
By providing your details to LCiL, you consent to them being passed on to the Care Inspectorate/Health Improvement Scotland. You will find their privacy notices here:
- Care Inspectorate Privacy notice: https://www.careinspectorate.com/index.php/core-privacy-notice
- Healthcare Improvement Scotland privacy notice: https://www.healthcareimprovementscotland.org/footernav/respecting_your_privacy.aspx