Grapevine Disability Information Service
Free, confidential and independent Disability Information and Advice for people living in Edinburgh.
Update – it comes with great regret that Grapevine will no longer be available to people living in East Lothian and Midlothian due to lack of funding becoming available to fund the service for 2016-17. For more information you can find out more here.
- Advice line open 4 days a week: 0131 475 2370, Monday – Thursday 10am-4pm.
- Email our disability advisors securely at: [email protected] or
- Get in touch via our: Online enquiry form
What does Grapevine provide?
Grapevine provides information and advice on all disability matters on a free, confidential and impartial basis. The service is funded to work with people living in Edinburgh.
For over 23 years Grapevine has built up specialist expertise in meeting the needs of disabled people, people with long term conditions and older people by providing information and advice. Our service is managed by disabled people and works with people to enable them to take up their rights and entitlements, including making choices based on their own needs and circumstances. service, works to empower people to take up their rights and make informed choices.
Topics we specialise in:
We specialise in providing up to date, accessible and local based specialist knowledge and advice on matters such as:
- disability benefits (including help with forms – Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance);
- older people’s benefits;
- transport concessions;
- rights at work and learning opportunities;
- accessing community care services and self-directed support (SDS link)
- health and personal issues, including where to get emotional support, self-management classes;
- grants and trust searches;
- holidays and respite opportunities;
- access issues and where to get help with legal matters;
- housing and adaptations;
- local suppliers for aids and equipment;
- accessible publications and factsheets (check out these on our E-library).
‘Information is the single most enabling service for disabled people’
We aim to provide a high quality of service and adhere to information standards to guide our work.
We are members of the Helplines Partnership which means you can be confident that the help and support you receive is delivered by people who are trained specifically for this service and operate in a secure and confidential environment. Find out more about the Helplines Partnership (link to their website).
Check out our page on your right to accessible information.
How can I contact the service?
You can contact Grapevine via the helpline number which is 0131 475 2370, Monday – Thursday, 10am-4pm
If you can’t get through straight away to speak to someone please leave a message on our answer machine, with your name and telephone number and we’ll call you back as soon as possible.
You can also email us your enquiry to: [email protected] at any time. We aim to respond to email enquiries within 5 working days.
Alternatively you can also get in touch via our online Enquiry Form.
You can also request information by fax or via letter to our postal address (link to Contact us).
Can I make an appointment to receive information face to face?
Appointments can be offered to people aged 16 and above who live in Edinburgh who require assistance with Personal Independence Payment Forms (PIP) and Attendance Allowance (AA) Forms at our office in Edinburgh, based at Norton Park, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY based.
We can also provide benefit check appointments to people aged 65 and above living in Edinburgh to ensure they are claiming benefits they are entitled too.