No Closing Date
We are looking to recruit experienced (female) members for our PA team supporting a vibrant and creative young disabled woman, living in Oxgangs, Edinburgh. She is currently healing from long standing sports injuries so a knowledge of anatomy, massage, physiotherapy and osteopathy is extremely advantageous. The role involves assisting with personal and domestic care, admin and daily tasks, and being a positive, empathic and supportive caregiver. At the moment, the role requires PA’s to deliver personal care and hands on physiotherapy and massage to assist in recovery from some recent injuries, while we hope that, once recovered, it will again involve assisting with artistic projects and visiting the studio, attending live events like gigs and music festivals, and potentially travelling the world. This is an exciting opportunity for kind and hardworking personal assistant’s who are passionate about supporting disabled people to live the most fulfilling lives as possible.
We are looking for someone friendly and fun who knows how to have some laughs while upholding a professional approach to their role. Someone who is honest, hardworking and dedicated to their team, who is able to offer support both physically and emotionally. Communication skills are central to this role, and we require someone who is able to listen carefully, communicate effectively and resolve potential conflict situations in a calm manner. You must be trustworthy, compassionate, patient, and be able to use your own initiative in the workplace. Flexibility is important in this role and we are looking for people who go the extra mile and understand how to adapt in a changing work environment, working with someone in their own home.
- Trained/Experienced in care/support work
- (Advantageous) Knowledge of physiotherapy
- Basic computer skills (minimum)
- (Advantageous) Interest in/knowledge of holistic medicine
- (Advantageous) Interest in art/design
- (Advantageous) Driver
- (Advantageous) Knowledge of osteopathy
PA daily tasks include:
-Taking direction from the employer
– Washing and bathing
– Transfer in and out of wheelchair/bed (using a hoist/banana board/eventually stand aid)
– Transfers to use bathroom
– Administering medication
– Assisting with exercises/physiotherapy/massage
– Assisting with eating/drinking
– Assisting with admin (emails/phone calls)
– Assisting with any other reasonable tasks
- We have several positions needing filled contract and hours are negotiable, possibility of job share and alternative weeks
- 1 x sleepover shifts (possibility of regular over time) per week:
7.00pm – 10.30pm (potentially later depending on activities) / sleepover (occasional wake for assistance) / 8.00am – 1.00pm
- Afternoon shifts (1.00pm – 7.00pm Mon- Sat, 2.00pm-7.00pm Sun)
Weekend availability preferred but not essential
Willingness to pick up extra shifts when necessary (i.e. holiday / absence cover)
The post will be offered based on the completion of paid trial shift(s), this will be confirmed at interview.
How to apply
To download an application pack please click here RB OH Personal Care Assistant Application July Pack 2022 or call our recruitment line on 0131 475 2558
Alternatively, please send a CV to email@example.com quoting job reference RB OH
Please note Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL) provides support to individual disabled employers. LCIL is not the employer and only provides the recruitment and administrative support to the individual employer.