Salary: (£9 to £9.46 per hour + holiday pay + pension scheme).
Looking for an honest person who can follow instructions and provide emotional, moral and practical support. The employer requires someone who can remain calm under stress and can communicate in a respectful and friendly manner and high standard and strong working ethics.
– Administrative work (emails, paperwork, letters and bills)
– Cleaning, Domestic and Gardening
– Cooking, Meal preparation (loves to try interesting recipes)
– Accompany to the shops or to hospital appointments and meetings
– Help employer to communicate over the phone
– Accompany to exciting places such as the cinema or the park to play tennis
The Candidate Should:
– Be Calm under pressure as there may be tricky social situations to navigate
– Be Patient and flexible with employer- Remember they are a vulnerable ASD adult!
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Dog person preferable
– Provide Intellectual Stimulation and assist in learning and reading: interests in subjects like Literature, Psychology, Neuroscience, Maths, Politics, Law, Art, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, etc. Employer loves learning new things, subjects and discussing interesting topics and complex issues
– Gentle and kind ( Cannot handle rude, rough or aggressive people)
– non-smoker preferable ( Cannot handle the smell of smoke due to hyper sensitive condition)
– Not too talkative as employer will find it very overwhelming and overstimulating ( however lots of conversation about the above topics is welcome)
– Not to make strange noise, it would cause autistic meltdown and distressed and upset
– Emotionally resilient and mature
– Experience in caring for/interacting with ASD people
– Driving license and car beneficial
– Students encouraged to apply!
It is not expected that one candidate will provide all the desired characteristics above (although the ones in bold are more essential), however having some of these characteristics will ensure we have a good working relationship.
Location: EH17 (Buses 7,11, 31, 400 all service this area)
Part Time day shifts available for 3,5,6 hours at a time. Reasonable flexibility with shift scheduling.
Sleepover shifts rate £9
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent, sleepovers
How to apply
Download an application form; DW569 Application form 2020