As a Personal Assistant (PA), your role is to support the employer, a disabled man and powerchair-user in his late 20s, to pursue his ambitions and live as independently as possible.
This opportunity is only open to holders of a driving licence valid in the UK.
- Assist the employer with a range of activities, including meeting friends, going for a walk, to the cinema, accessing employment, managing administrative tasks (and enabling him to pursue his interests, desires and goals in general).
- Assist the employer out and about, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
- Assist the employer with tidying, laundry, shopping and other household tasks.
- Assist the employer with eating, drinking and preparing food.
- Assist the employer with dressing and personal care, including use of a ceiling hoist for transfers.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and positive attitude.
- Excellent communication, social and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills.
- Previous experience supporting a disabled person is desirable, but not essential.
- Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
- Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
- Opportunity is open to male and female applicants.
- Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts.
- Training is provided.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, email your completed application form or CV to email@example.com, quoting job reference CG OH in the subject line. Download an application form via the link below.
How to apply
How to Apply