I am looking for a Personal Assistant who is friendly and approachable with a good sense of humour who is able to give me the space I need to continue developing but also guide me. Someone who is lively and fun, who loves music, singing and reading stories to others. A reliable, punctual and honest individual.
Experience in communicating with people with autism and learning difficulties is important and an interest in alternative therapies would also be beneficial. As a Personal Assistant is required to work one to one, it is important that the employer and employee maintain an open and honest relationship. Full training is given with full support on diet and enzyme therapy until competent, however you will already be able to calculate percentages confidently using a calculator. Once trained in enzyme therapy, the hourly rate will increase.
Working hours are 9 hour shifts. There is the possibility of extra hours some evenings and cover for respite including overnight. Day or days to
be agreed. I live on the 44 bus route (EH8).
The job requires providing assistance with the following:
I need to practise these tasks as independently as possible but sometimes I need prompting to complete them appropriately. Sometimes this prompting is gestural, sometimes verbal, modelling or physical.
- Assistance with showering / bathing.
- Assistance with choosing appropriate clothes.
- Assistance with brushing hair and teeth.
- Assistance with toileting.
- Assistance with eating and drinking.
- Assistance with medication.
- Preparing and cooking food.
- Enzyme calculations, weighing and administration.
- Washing dishes and general cleaning of kitchen.
- Laundry and ironing.
- General cleaning and tidying of house.
- Assistance with shopping.
- Packing bag for outing and unpacking and washing up on return.
- Planning days out and supporting access in the Community.
- Help to go to bike riding, yoga, music therapy, cinema, theatre with or without friends.
- Assistance when going out for a walk.
- Shopping for pleasure.
- Assistance with correspondence – phone calls / letter writing.
- Assistance with other leisure activities e.g. board-games, music, reading.
- Encouraging my health and fitness.
- Supporting my developmental programme eg occupational therapy exercises
- Assistance with gardening.
- Any other reasonable task.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter or complete anOB ZM CEC Application pack, making reference to the OB ZM CEC Job description Edinburgh Oct 23, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to LCIL (ref OBG ZM CEC), Norton Park, 57 Albion Road, Edinburgh, EH7 5QY.