Closing Date: 30/06/21
As a Personal Assistant (PA), your role is to support the employer, a young disabled man and wheelchair-user to pursue his interests and live as independently as possible.
- Assist the employer with a range of activities, including attending courses, volunteering, work, meeting friends, going to the cinema, for a walk, etc.
- Assist the employer with transport, including driving the employer’s adapted van.
- Assist the employer with cleaning, laundry, shopping and other domestic tasks.
- Assist the employer with eating, drinking, preparing and cooking food.
- Assist the employer with dressing, personal care, showering and toileting, including use of a ceiling hoist for transfers.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Understanding, positive, easy-going and willing to assume a background role to allow the employer privacy and autonomy.
- Punctual, reliable and well-organised, with excellent communication skills.
- Awareness of the social model of disability and interest in disability rights.
- Previous experience supporting a disabled person is essential.
- Good physical health and fitness is essential, as personal care duties may be challenging.
- Driving licence valid in the UK is essential.
- Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
- Opportunity is open to both male and female applicants.
- Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts.
- Training is provided.
How to apply
Download an application pack or send a CV and covering letter to PAjobs@lothiancil.org.uk