Area: City of Edinburgh
Closing date: Open
Working pattern: Part-time
Rate of pay: £11.29 per hour (including overnight)
I am a disabled man living in the EH9 area of Edinburgh. I use a powered wheelchair at all times and am looking to employ someone to assist with my physical, social and personal support needs to improve my quality of life and to help me make the most of living independently.
I enjoy reading, creating 3D animations and exploring a wide variety of music.
My social life revolves around meeting my friends in my home (day or night), going out for lunch or to concerts. I also occasionally go to the cinema.
I enjoy going for walks as well and often combine this with shopping.
No previous experience is necessary. An open mind, communication, honesty and a sense of humour are probably the most important qualities for the post as well as an ability to listen to guidance on how best to support me. The position is permanent with paid holidays and pension contributions.
The job will involve:
- Support with personal care – for example washing, dressing.
- Domestic tasks such as cooking, helping me eat, cleaning my home, going shopping.
- Support socialising when meeting friends at home (day or evening) or for lunch, getting to and from venues.
- Assisting me with my hobbies which mostly involves help maintaining my computers.
- Assistance going to and from appointments, for example GPs or opticians.
- Overnight support – getting food/drinks if I am up late. Assistance going to bed. Rolling me over multiple times through the night.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Sense of humour.
- A good listener who can help me achieve the life I want to lead.
Hours of work and rate of pay:
You can chose between two rotas:
Option A – Monday 8:30am-1:30pm, Tuesday 8am-1pm, Wednesday nightshift 9pm-7am.
Option B – 10 hours total spread across Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. 3 or 4 hours in a day with a 9am start. Friday nightshift 9pm-7am.
There will also be opportunities to earn more by covering the annual leave of other Personal Assistants.
All hours are paid at £11.29 per hour.
How to apply
Please apply as soon as possible by completing an application pack for PA vacancy MG WN ED which can be downloaded by following this link: MG WN ED ap pack feb2024 The application pack contains a job description and application form.
Alternatively email email@example.com or call 24 hour recruitment line on 0131 475 2558. Quote Job Ref: MG WN ED and give your name and postal or email address.
Applications by CV are accepted. Email a CV (and covering letter) including reference number MG WN ED to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL) provides support to individual disabled employers. LCIL is not the employer and only provides the recruitment and administrative support to the individual employer.