We are looking to recruit experienced (female) members for our PA team supporting a vibrant and
creative young disabled woman, living in Oxgangs, Edinburgh. She is an avid traveller who makes the most of her wanderlust and has plans to visit countries, as well as attend events such as festivals and free- parties, and needs Personal Care Assistants who can travel with her and help her maintain her level of care while out and about. She is currently recovering from a long standing injury and requires assistance with orthotic and yoga straps (ankle stretches), massage, physiotherapy, exercises and osteopathic movements.
The role would involve assisting with personal and domestic care, daily tasks, and being a positive, empathic and supportive caregiver. This is an exciting opportunity for kind and hardworking carers who are passionate about supporting disabled people to live the most fulfilling lives as possible, and the right candidate(s) would enjoy the benefits of attending events and travelling the world along side Rachel.
As well as travelling to other countries, Rachel also has upcoming plans to travel domestically. Currently she is planning a trip abroad in November, and hopes to travel South to visit family in England beforehand.
Unfortunately, Direct Payments won’t allow Rachel to pay for your flights (where applicable)- but they will allow her to cover the costs of your accommodation, **any food within the accomodation, and travelling with Rachel to locations using accessible vehicles.
We are looking for someone friendly and fun who knows how to have some laughs while upholding a professional approach to their role. Someone who is honest, hardworking and dedicated to their team, who is able to offer support both physically and emotionally. Communication skills are central to this role, and we require someone who is able to listen carefully, communicate effectively and resolve potential conflict situations in a calm manner. You must be trustworthy, compassionate and patient, and able to take your own initiative in the workplace.
Training up new PA’s
- Trained/ Experienced in care
- Valid Passport
- Basic computer skills (minimum)
- (Advantageous) Knowledge of physiotherapy
- (Advantageous) Interest in Music and Musical events ie gigs & festivals
- (Advantageous) Interest in art/design
- (Advantageous) Driver
– Helping with planning excursions & logistics (ie bookings etc)
– Packing bags/ cases
– Checking in/ collecting mobility equipment
– Helping Rach to get around in the wheelchair (when the electric wheelchair isn’t an option)
– Booking auxiliary care for the destination
– Washing and bathing
– Special assistance for on the plane and at the airport
– Transfer in and out of wheelchair/bed (using a travel hoist/ banana board)
– Administering medication
– Assisting with exercises/physiotherapy/massage
– Assisting with eating/drinking
– Assisting with basic admin (emails/phone calls)
– Assisting with any other reasonable tasks
£13.00 P/H / £97.29 per sleepover
– As required by Rachel Including Staying Out Late
I am committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, gender identity or Veteran status. I only specify otherwise out of pure necessity due to my current situation and the job’s role.
How to apply
To download an application pack please click here RB OH 2 Admin PA APP Pack May 2023 , or call our recruitment line on 0131 475 2558
Please note Lothian Centre for Inclusive Living (LCIL) provides support to individual disabled employers. LCIL is not the employer and only provides the recruitment and administrative support to the individual employer.