Area: City of Edinburgh
Working pattern: Part-Time / Zero-Hours
Closing date: 15th December 2023
Rate of pay: £15 per hour
Personal assistant for a good-natured and happy 9 year old girl with learning difficulties. Fun days out, including going to the park, museums, messy play sessions and swimming. Flexible weekend work with scope to progress to occasional overnights.
Brief description of the tasks:
We are looking for a fun loving and enthusiastic personal assistant for our good-natured and happy 9 year old daughter with complex learning difficulties. She is non-verbal with limited communication through gestures and PECS. She loves using PECS to choose her favourite action songs to be sung to her. She enjoys having stories read to her and exploring new spaces, though has no sense of danger and needs close supervision when outside of the house.
The job involves spending a Saturday or Sunday with her once or twice a month, either going out for activities and lunch or having a more relaxed day at home with a walk around the neighbourhood. This allows us to spend a respite day with our other 11-year old daughter. She is able to walk well though has a wheelchair for long distances.
She has very infrequent epileptic seizures (~once a year) so the employee will need to be trained in how to follow our rescue plan.
Hours and rate of pay:
Either a Saturday or Sunday once or twice a month from 10am-4pm, with additional days available over the holidays. Hoping to incorporate an overnight every 3-4 months. Day/hours flexible to suit employee’s availability. Rate of pay is £15 per hour.
- This post would be perfect for someone training in SLT, occupational / physiotherapy or education / child development
- Some experience of working with disabled children would be useful but not essential
- It would be preferrable if you have a car in order to access activities outside the city centre
- Honest and reliable
- Have the patience and understanding to learn how Eve communicates and give her space/opportunities to do so
- Applicants will be required to join the PVG scheme if not already a member, fees will be covered by the employer
How to apply
For more information and to apply please obtain an application pack. An application pack for PA vacancy EP GI can be downloaded by clicking here.
Alternatively email email@example.com or call 24 hour recruitment line on 0131 475 2558. Quote Job Ref: EP GI and give your name and postal or email address.
Applications by CV are accepted. Email a CV and covering letter including reference number EP GI to firstname.lastname@example.org.