Job ref. EB SDWL Female Personal Assistant
The aim of personal assistants is to provide support required by the employer, a married lady with Parkinsons and coronary heart disease, who is now mainly dependent for mobility on a wheelchair.
A team of Personal Assistants is employed to help me live my life the way I choose. Getting the right assistance when I need it allows me to lead my life independently. Personal Assistants enable me to do this by listening to what I want and following my instructions. It is therefore vital that an employee has good communication and listening skills.
The job involves assisting me with a variety of tasks. Like most people, my day varies so it is difficult to list every task that is expected of personal assistants.
My personal assistants are required to assist me with the following tasks, sometimes without close supervision. The post holders will therefore need to be able to work on their own initiative whilst at the same time being respectful of my wishes. They also need to be able to cover for each other for holiday or sickness cover if possible.
The job involves assisting with some personal care tasks and food preparation. You do not have to be strong to do the job well but general good health is important.
Personal Assistants are required to provide assistance with the following:
▪ Assistance with showering / bathing as required
▪ Assistance with dressing or getting ready for bed as required
▪ Preparing and cooking food so that it can be reheated as required e.g. soup, casseroles etc
▪ Preparing a light evening snack and drink
▪ Washing /dishwasher and general cleaning of kitchen
▪ Changing bed linen and hanging on the airer when washed
▪ General cleaning and tidying of bedroom and bathroom
▪ Assistance with shopping if required
▪ Accompanying me to appointments
▪ Driving if required
▪ Any other reasonable tasks.
I am looking for Personal Assistants who are friendly and approachable with a good sense of humour. They must be reliable, trustworthy and adaptable. It is important that an employee is aware of and sensitive to my needs and those of my husband.
The current post is for 8 hours per week in the evening and the rate of pay will be £10.50 per hour. The hours of work are flexible but a night time tucking in service on occasion would be helpful.
How to apply
Download a job description and application pack: EB-SDWL application pack 5.2022