Independent Living Training Resource Pack
The Scottish Government, formerly the Scottish Executive, funded this project. Its aim was:
- To develop and package LCiL's training materials relating to Independent Living issues & Direct Payments for disabled people into a comprehensive Training Resource Pack.
- To ensure that any Direct Payments Support Organisation in Scotland, regardless of the size of the organisation, has access to the LCiL Training Resource Pack.
- To ensure that the Resource Pack itself is easy to use, with relevant information and course material.
- To work in partnership with specific disability led organisations to ensure that an agreed standard of information and material is provided.
About the pack:
The pack is comprised of 3 ring binder folders and includes training courses on:
- Employer skills
- Living Choices
A User guide, filled with tips and information on how to get the best out of the material completes the pack. For ease of use all course materials, regardless of potential duplication, are to be found in their relevant section. Also, unless other wise stated, for example: see trainer's resources, all training materials can be found in the relevant practical resource section.
All sections have clear headings, and the sections themselves include:
- An Introduction where appropriate
- Aim & learning outcomes of training
- A suggested content programme for each session (trainers copy)
- Training activities & methods
- Trainers notes where relevant.
Each training section includes a practical resource section, which LCiL suggest should be colour coded and comb bound in booklet form, for ease of access, if possible. However, do not rely solely on colour coding as some readers maybe colour blind. Activities and answer sheets should also be given out separately as well as copies being available in the booklet.
The Practical Resources Section Includes:
- Activities Sheets
- Answer sheets (where appropriate)
Please contact Maggie Cameron, Training Coordinator for information on how to acquire a copy of the Training Resource Pack.