The East Lothian Independent Living Service is based in Edinburgh.
An Independent Living Officer (ILO) is available to support those living in East Lothian to access and maintain flexible Independent Living options.
There is an open referral system to access East Lothian's LCiL services.
LCiL's East Lothian service can support you to:
- identify your needs, including support with self assessment
- find out information about Direct Payments and the Independent Living Fund
- advertise for a Personal Assistant (PA)
- write a job description
- interview job applicants
- prepare Terms and Conditions of employment
- register with LCiL's payroll service
- contract with an agency
Home visits throughout East Lothian or appointments at the office in Edinburgh are available and support may be available on an ongoing basis to manage your own support package.
LCiL also provides training courses about Direct Payments and independent living.
Informal enquiries welcome.
For more information, please contact :
Independent Living Officer.
57 Albion Road
Tel: 0131 475 2350